Get InvolvedJoin The AAGB
Anabantoid Association of Great Britain
Why join the AAGB?
- Introductory Members pack with size guides, advice on setting up aquaria for Anabantoids, a guide to breeding Bettas, Gouramis and other Anabantoid species.
- 4 newsletters a year.
- Annual Spring Members Weekend.
- Annual Autumn lecture and auction.
Membership Rules and Subscription Information
(a) Membership of the Association shall be granted to anyone on receipt of a completed application form accompanied by the appropriate subscription fee.
(b) Acceptance of membership of the Association shall constitute an agreement by the applicant to accept and comply with all parts of the rules.
(c) The types of membership of the Association shall be: –
(i) Individual adult membership.
(ii) Family (any two members of a family at the same address).
(iv) Overseas member.
This may be awarded to:-
* The President and Vice Presidents of the Association.
* Members of similar organisations (usually the editor) who will act as liaison members between such organisations and the Association.
* Prominent individuals whom the Committee considers are likely to further the aims of the Association by virtue of their interest, influence and position.
Honorary membership will be awarded by the Committee and shall be reviewed by the Committee during the annual committee meeting regarding the advisability of continuance.
(d) Membership subscriptions shall be reviewed at the AGM each year. Any revision of fees shall be operative from the 1st of the following month after when the AGM was held.
(e) Membership fees are payable annually from the month of initial subscription. Any member not renewing membership within 2 months of their renewal date shall be deemed lapsed and the name of the member shall be deleted from the mailing list of the Association. Should a lapsed member decide to renew membership within one month of deletion, membership may be reinstated, at the discretion of the Secretary, using the member’s original Association number. A reminder sent by the Secretary by post or email shall be deemed sufficient notice that membership subscriptions are due.
* It is the responsibility of all members to update all contact information including email and inform the Secretary with any changes.
The AAGB complies with GDPR requirements. Details are provided in the Adobe Acrobat file here —> Link to PDF for GDPR Compliance Details (Left-click and follow instructions – you will need Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
Subscription Rates for 2023
Please note that membership fees increased from 1 January 2011. This was our first increase in approximately 20 years and was necessary to keep up with today’s costs and to make sure the quality you receive from us is not compromised. With effect from January 1, 2011 these are :
Adults Single £ 10.00
Family £ 15.00 (2 members at the same address)
Overseas Hardcopy Newsletter £ 20.00
Overseas PDF Newsletter £ 10.00
Join The AAGB
NEW MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE THE MEMBERSHIP FORM BEFORE PAYMENT
ONCE YOUR MEMBERSHIP FORM HAS BEEN RECEIVED OUR AAGB SECRETARY CHRIS WEBB WILL REACH OUT TO YOU WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP DETAILS.
OVERSEAS MEMBERS PLEASE USE THE PAYPAL LINK BELOW TO MAKE PAYMENT. UK MEMBERS WILL BE GIVEN ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT OPTIONS VIA EMAIL.
Select your membership.
Once payment is complete we will reach out to you via email.
SPRING MEMBERS MEETING BROCHURE 2023
22nd & 23rd April